Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Moderate success

Finished up the top to go with the skirt finished over the weekend.  Moderate success.  The top is a loose, sleeveless shell, upper thigh length with bust darts, and buttons up the front. 

I cut a medium on top and a large in the hip area.  The high round upper back adjustment fits nicely but the bust darts need to be lowered and shortened.  Patterns are cut for a B cup and I'm pretty flat, especially in a sports bra, which is the normal everyday wear for me.  On the next go-round the waist will get a bit of tweaking and maybe an inch plus taken off the hip area. 

The skirt/top combination - meh.  Don't really like the looks but pairing the top with a pair of pajama shorts or compression shorts is much nicer.  So next up is to try out the shorts pattern and see where that needs tweaking.  I may be able to salvage the skirt and turn it into shorts if I have enough scraps left to add the crotch extensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment