Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 - a new year and a new attempt

Did not do too well last year.  Only had six posts but did make it to August sewing something in every week even if it was just mending.  Then life interfered in the guise of a building project.  Youngest brother came home and said, "If I buy some rental property, will you manage it?"  Of course I said yes.  Saying yes turned into a much bigger project than either of us had planned.

Said house was found and purchased and big sister started in on the face lift and promptly found -  termites!  We didn't find just a few termites, we found lots, termite damage that is.  Although building is way more fun than sewing, I do like a bit of balance and sewing was really taking a back seat.  I will say this, from Aug to the end of Dec I made three blouses and two skirts so all was not lost.  I just was not very consistent about sitting my butt down in front of the sewing machine on at least a weekly basis.  We spent Thanksgiving weekend jacking up the roof and rebuilding, not to mention every other spare day available.  But the light is on an the end of the tunnel.  Today, the drywall men came in to tape and texture.  Yesterday they hung rock.

So here I go on another attempt to produce something every week.  The first week of the year found me knocking off a visor organizer for the work truck.  The RAV4, the family run-around car and the spouse's truck both had L.L. Bean visor organizers suitable for copying and copy I did.  The work truck now has a visor organizer complete with pen and pencil, notebook for mileage and gas and sleeve for registration and insurance papers.  It cost nothing since it was made from scraps and other odds and ends.

The project for this week has been pillowcases.  Yeah, I know, booooring.  But the current crop of pillowcases in the linen closet has seen better days and JoAnn's has such wonderful bargains.  The local JoAnn's is moving up the street two blocks and is selling everything in the store!  Whee!  Like I need more fabric for the stash but I gave in and added to the pile.  So far I've made two and have some ideas for trim for the next set, out of a fetching fish print.  Time to learn how to operate the camera and import some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment